3rd International Congress of Geriatrics and Gerontology in Armenia
Good health adds life to years. A longer life brings with it opportunities, not only for older people and their families, but also for a society as a whole. Yet the extent of these opportunities and contributions depends heavily on one factor: health. Because the health dynamics of older age are related to increased needs for health care, it might be expected that increasing age would be associated with increased health-care utilization. Thus our health system need to be better organized around older people’s needs and preferences, designed to enhance older peoples intrinsic capacity, and integrated across settings.
The III Congress of Geriatrics and Gerontology in Armenia will take place on 30th September and 01 October. It's organized by the Association of HealthCare and Assistance to Older People, Armenian Association of Geriatrics and Gerontology, with support from UNFPA Armenia CO, "CISPop: Better Data for Better Policies" regional programme.
The III Congress aims at:
- Highlighting the importance of the development of Geriatric Medicine in Armenia.
- Building interdisciplinary relationships among medical community.
- Meeting leading physicians from other countries and share their experience and knowledge.
- Ensuring better understanding of age- related diseases and treatment approaches.
- Fostering healthy ageing amongst the older adults. Equiping nurses and caregivers with knowledge about age related problems and relevant care and promoting competent care.
- Providing new insights on improvement of our healthcare services.
The life we give our elders today will impact the way
we will be treated and cared for in future as we get older.
The III International Congress of Geriatrics and Gerontology has three parallel sections:
- For Physicians
- For Nurses
- For Older Adults
Two full-day sections for physicians include the following topics։
- Age-related cardiovascular diseases
- Multimorbidity and Polypharmacy
- Neurodegenerative disorders and Mental Health
- Sexual Health
- Loneliness and it's impact on health
Section for Nurses includes the following topics:
- Role of Nurses and Carers in Geriatrics
- Geriatric Syndromes Physiological and Psychological Changes in Old Age
- Bedsores (pressure ulcers) and Relevant Care Dementias and Care
Section for Older Adults include the following topics:
- Concept of Healthy Ageing
- Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Falls and Safe Home
- Common Diseases in Old Age
- Brain Health and Memory
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE CONGRESS
The Congress will target internists, general practitioners, family doctors, cardiologists, neurologists and physicians from other disciplines, nurses, carers, psychologists, social workers, older adults in order to understand the medical, clinical and psycho- social approaches to geriatric problems.
The Congress is accredeted by the Health Ministry of Armenia. The participants are being granted CME theoretical credits.
Holiday Inn, an IHG Hotel Amiryan Str. 2 ,Republic Square, Yerevan 0010 , Armenia
For the registration to the Congress please follow at the link below:
DEADLINE՝ 28 SEPTEMBER 2021
ORGANIZER CONTACTS: +374 41703103 / +374 60903103/ +374 95538083